I have been playing around with the BookRank algorithm on a few source books:
1) Take a single book from Amazon as a root.
2) Take the recommended books for that book.
3) Repeat until you have reached a distance of 20 from the original book.
4) Add up the number of recommendations for each book.
5) Calculate the BookRank from the Distance, Recommendations and SalesRank
6) Display the 50 (or less) books with the highest BookRank.
The mighty Jakob heads this list that spans subjects ranginf from Design to Dreamweaver to XML.
Is it really Rounders by another name?
Stupid White Men
Politics through satire.
Chris Crawfors wrote the definitive book, but what are the other distinctive game design books?
Mythical Man Month
How did that project get to be 5 years late?
Chariot of the Gods
Conspiracy theories and cover ups litter this list.
War Of The Worlds
Classic adventure and much, much more.
If anyone wants to donate a BookRank logo I would be eternally grateful as I am an inept graphic designer.
See what I mean?